HSE Business Partner
Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The HSE Business Partner is responsible for working collaboratively across multiple sites and work teams to provide practical Health, Safety and Environment support, and guidance to maintain a culture focused on risk management, injury prevention and continual improvement.
This role will also be responsible for providing technical support as required for the various RDA projects and business activities across all RDA sites and projects.
As HSE Business Partner, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Conduct HSE audits, inspections, investigations, complete risk assessments, and propose new systems of work to enhance existing performance;
- Prepare, update and periodically review HSE policies, procedures and project safety plans;
- Support, coordinate and deliver HSE compliance training in order to reinforce a continuous improvement culture and compliance with all relevant legislation and certification requirements;
- Support and assist in the management of Fitness and Wellbeing programs;
- Maintain various SharePoint registers and documents;
- Participate in the running of the Employee Safety Committee meetings to ensure appropriate consultation with the work groups;
- Support in the development and implementation of initiatives designed to engage employees in improving HSE outcomes and culture;
- Discharge safety accountabilities which include taking appropriate steps to eliminate health and safety risks and to minimise psychological injury in the workplace;
- Educate and raise the awareness of managers of their role in minimising the risk of harm to people and the environment, and their role in supporting recovery at work;
- Support and promote the utilisation of the Employee Assistance Program; and
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be required as determined with your manager from time to time.
About your new team
Become a part of a dedicated team of health, safety and environment professionals, focused on driving a “safety always” culture, supporting the health and wellbeing of our workforce and facilitating the implementation of best practice processes and systems.
With the team being a part of our wider Human Resources department, this role will see you working and collaborating with your colleagues to offer a full suite of people focused initiatives in support of the broader Rheinmetall team.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Diploma in Workplace Health & Safety;
- Proven industry experience in an equivalent role;
- Intermediate level capability of MS Office Suite;
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with attention to detail, while also achieving goals / deadlines;
- Ability to travel internationally and interstate, when required; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS;
- Tertiary or Diploma level qualification in environmental management;
- Experience within a heavy machinery; manufacturing or workshops environment;
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- SharePoint Site expertise;
- Internal auditing training;
- ICAM incident investigations;
- Experience with occupational hygiene processes;
- Return to Work Coordinator experience in multiple jurisdictions;
- Familiar with managing the ChemAlert database; and
- Familiar with managing MyOSH incident reporting database.
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
- Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help reduce cost of living;
- On-site subsidised café with themed days and multiple dietary options;
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight;
- Flexible working practices;
- Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions;
- Generous internal incentive and referral program;
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
- We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via our Work180 profile at work180.com/rheinmetall
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 27th of March 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF# AU01341.