Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The Subcontracts Specialist is responsible for leading and coordinating the development, negotiation and implementation of customer and supplier contracts in support of Rheinmetall’s Supply Chain function. You will ensure that internal stakeholders (Procurement, Project Management and Engineering) are supported through appropriate contract management tools and processes to assist in achieving the commercial objectives and strategies.
As a Subcontracts Specialist, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Preparing, drafting and leading negotiation and finalisation of supplier contracts and amendments;
- Assisting Procurement and Sales teams with initial supplier engagement activities – including preparation of non-disclosure agreements and preparation of Statements of Work for RFTs and direct source engagements;
- Assisting Project Managers in effectively manage existing contracts to achieve milestones and deliverables, tracking of subcontract activity and progress information, and information and guidance to project personnel on subcontracting issues;
- Identify commercial opportunities, risks and liabilities in proposed RFTs and existing contracts to develop appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions and statements of work for areas of risk and risk mitigation in accordance with RDA’s policies and procedures; and
- Serve as a resource for internal and external customers to interpret contract language and resolves contract issues by reviewing and interpreting contract terms and originating contract documentation.
About your new team
Reporting to the Subcontract Manager, this role will work alongside 5 other Specialist. The Subcontracts team forms part of the greater Supply Chain Team and will work closely with our Legal division as well. This role will be based at our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence – MILVEHCOE, Redbank.Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualification in Business Administration, Law, Engineering, Supply Chain or related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in subcontracting or contract management;
- Demonstrated ability to manage the contractual tasks in all phases of contract development, to include proposal support, contract negotiation, non-disclosure agreements contract administration and contract closure;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint and Word;
- Demonstrated high level of personal motivation;
- Strong background in working with multi skilled teams;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to travel interstate and/or overseas when required; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
- Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help reduce cost of living;
- On-site subsidised café with themed days and multiple dietary options;
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight;
- Flexible working practices;
- Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions;
- Generous internal incentive and referral program;
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
- We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via our Work180 profile at work180.com/rheinmetall
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 13th of April 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01339.