Senior Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer
Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The Senior Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer is responsible for planning, conducting and documenting Verification activities including: mechanical, automotive, electrical, weapons and communications systems. Responsibilities also include development and delivery to the customer of contract deliverables including VCRMs, test procedures and test reports. In addition to these responsibilities it is expected that Senior V&V engineers will assist in reviewing planning documentation and contract deliverables developed by other members of the V&V team, and provide technical guidance to team members.
As Senior Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Ensure that all of the contractually required V&V activities and artefacts are successfully conducted and delivered;
- Prepare, maintain and review the Verification Cross Reference Matrix to define and record all verification activities;
- Manage allocated sections of the verification program in accordance with the approved project Verification Plan, and the project Systems Engineering Management Plan;
- Track and report on the overall status of compliance against the Contract Specification requirements;
- Participate in and prepare V&V status updates as input to Program status reports;
- Support the development and maintenance of V&V documentation i.e. developing test procedures, manage test articles, updating test plans, procedures and reports;
- Support system engineering efforts for design and development;
- Participates in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of requirements compliance through verification and validation, when required;
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of data packs and Mandated System Review packs to support systems engineering and project management functions;
- Deliver V&V responsibilities of RDA FRACAS process;
- Review V&V contract deliverables and other V&V tasking developed by other members of the V&V team; and
- Fulfil other duties and responsibilities that may be required as determined with your manager from time to time.
About your new team
The Verification team at RDA is part of the wider Analysis, Development and Verification department. The Verification team is broken down into project focused small groups. The Senior V&V engineer will work closely with a small group of V&V engineers, systems engineers and design engineers to perform verification activities
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical) or a related discipline;
- Significant experience (> 10 years) in conducting test programs, including development of test/verification plans, test/verification procedures and test/verification reports;
- Experience in interpreting complex engineering function and performance specifications, and a capacity to identify existing technical solutions to meet these specifications;
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
- Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help reduce cost of living;
- Complimentary onsite gym with end-of trip facilities;
- Subsidised undercover parking available;
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight;
- Flexible working practices;
- Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions;
- Generous internal incentive and referral program;
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
- We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via our Work180 profile at work180.com/rheinmetall
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 13th of April 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01355.