Project Manager - Bridge Bay Cradle
Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The Bridge Bay Cradle Project complements the fleet of Bridge Boat Interfaces already delivered under L121 3B and currently in service with Army supporting bridging operations. As the Project Manager, you will lead all Project Management activities on BBC under the guidance of the PM - Capability Enhancements and involving internal and Subcontractor interfaces and resources.
This Project Management role will continue to lead the BBC Project from the CDR Design Milestone into prototype production, V&V testing, series production at the Subcontractor and batch delivery as per the BBC Contract.
As Project Manager - Bridge Bay Cradle, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Lead all PM related activities in relation to the assigned Bridge Bay Cradle scope;
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (including the Commonwealth);
- Ensure timely batch build, including coordination of quality inspections and close out required at the Subcontractor to ensure Commonwealth acceptance;
- Ensure timely BBC delivery documentation, sign off and pick up for transport by the Commonwealth;
- Ensure all required delivery documentation for supplies is completed by all parties;
- Ensure works (including Subcontracts) on the BBC project are progressing in accordance with the contract(s) and are tracking toward acceptance by the Commonwealth;
- Work with internal RMMVA interfaces, subcontractors and Commonwealth to manage and resolve issues that develop that could affect project review milestones, verification close out and production;
- Lead, coordinate and close out action items from contract Mandated System Reviews (MSRs);
- Contribute to regular project planning and reporting for the BBC Project;
- Seek to refine existing systems, processes and techniques to improve efficiency and reduce cost;
- Ensure all work performed is in accordance with the BBC project plans;
- Provide project relevant input to key project management plans and reports;
- Participate in the identification, analysis, response and monitoring of project risks;
- Report all breaches of cost, risk, schedule or quality tolerance in accordance with the project plan; and
- Lead in the preparation of new Bids or Survey and Quotes if additional capability is required.
About your new team
You will work within a small team consisting of a System Engineer and other specialist RMMVA resources to complete assigned work and meet contracted requirements. Close ties will also need to be developed with the Subcontractor team located in NSW.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifcations in Engineering (within a related discipline);
- Post graduate qualifications in a related discipline (highly desirable);
- Formal qualifications in Project Management such as Prince2 or similar;
- Demonstrated experience Project Management where practical engineering skills are applied;
- Strong Stakeholder management skills, specifically with regards to accurate reporting, setting expectations and clear verbal communication;
- Managing and adapting to changing priorities to satisfy Customer requirements;
- Drivers Licence (Passenger car);
- Ability to travel internationally and interstate, when required; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
- Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help reduce cost of living;
- Complimentary onsite gym with end-of trip facilities;
- Subsidised undercover parking available;
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight;
- Flexible working practices;
- Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions;
- Generous internal incentive and referral program;
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
- We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
We know that when people from diverse backgrounds and different points of view work together, we create the most value - for our clients, our people and our community. If you don't think you quite meet all of the requirements of the position, we'd still love to hear from you.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via our Work180 profile at work180.com/rheinmetall
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearance is available at: www.defence.gov.au/security/clearances
Applications close: 15th October 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01572.