Job Type: Full time
Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 25,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers - amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility - our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
Rockwell Automation is Hiring!
We are looking for a Channel Manager to be based in our Perth, WA office.
The individual is responsible for strategic and tactical activities with the distributor by formulating and executing business strategies with the distributor in order to grow overall sales and market share.
This customer facing role is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to maintain and grow the established business within a territory, develop new accounts within the territory, maintain and cultivate existing/new system integrators in order to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow customer share.
What Will Success Looks Like
- Achievement of allocated sales target in products, services and solutions
- Growth in existing account and acquisition of competitive / new accounts
- Growth of System Integrators / Solution partners in territory.
- Distributor relationship and effectiveness
How You will Achieve Your Goals
- Distributor collaboration, efficiency and enablement:
- Manage annual planning process with distributor.
- Drive discipline and collaboration with the distributor for example manages the monthly cadence of distributor collaboration meetings.
- Develops and is responsible for the territory commercial plan.
- Facilitates the implementation of new product launches and promotional programs through the direction of all internal resources, including the distributor’s personnel.
- Where applicable, takes an active role in coaching the distributor personnel and evaluating their competency in support of Rockwell Automation products and services.
- Territory account focus/development in collaboration with distributor:
- Act as a business development engine for the territory by targeting new/competitive held accounts.
- Proactively support the distributor at “distributor led accounts” in order to develop the territory.
- Analyse account requirements and develop an account penetration plan with the distributor and account sales engineers to increase market share.
- Responsible for developing and executing annual success plan with recognized system integrators within the territory.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years selling experience in the industry
- Proven track record dealing with senior internal / external management.
- Good business / financial acumen and ability to apply knowledge to develop commercial plans.
- Experience in Channel Management and Distribution is advantageous.