Geotechnical Representative - OT and Export
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Job Type: Full time
LocationAustralia, QLD, Brisbane, Australia
About the Business and the Role
DSI Underground, a Sandvik owned company, is one of Australia’s largest, leading manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of specialist strata reinforcement and support products to the underground coal and metalliferous mining sectors. DSI Underground also provides galvanising and other related services to the mining, civil, marine, commercial, and industrial industries.
With our Asia-Pacific Head Office located in Newcastle, New South Wales, DSI Underground also have major sites in Brisbane and Perth. To ensure efficient supply and technical support across Australia, we also have branch offices and warehouses in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and Western Australia within the major mining regions.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Underground Sales, the Geotechnical Representative – OT and Export is responsible for technical service and support for OT in Mongolia. The role also provides additional technical support to customers in Export including in Indonesia (Freeport), Philippines, New Zealand and Africa.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Based in Narangba, QLD, the duties and responsibilities associated with this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain optimum liaison with customers in each allocated region.
- Work closely with customers to continually improve and add value to their business, at the same time recognising the implications of our actions on profitability.
- Monitor customer stock levels and resin anchor rotation.
- Advise customers on correct product use.
- Conduct product testing on a regular basis including installation, component, pull and tension tests.
- Provide technical advice and support to customers in relation to product range.
- Liaise with relevant internal staff on order and delivery inquiries.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with entire sales team by providing sales leads and prospective accounts, to close as many sales opportunities as possible.
- Assist with the development of product data sheets, product installation procedures and other technical documentation needs.
- Organise and technically coordinate product trials, in conjunction with DSI Underground Sales and relevant customer site contacts, including reporting.
- Assist with quality investigations and customer complaints as required, providing back-up assistance for the organisation in this area.
- Report forward customer demand fluctuations on a monthly basis, ensuring administration team is aware to ensure smooth financial and logistical reactions and management.
- Undertake pricing for customers in the region, in conjunction with Regional Sales Manager.
- Recognise and encourage new product development opportunities.
- Provide monthly reports on regional activities and performance to budget to Head of Underground Sales and Global COO.
- Complete customer site visit reports upon return from mine sites.
- Monitor relevant technical publications across the industry to understand current activities and research trends. Provide internal reporting to management in this area.
- Ensure all relevant mine site medicals and inductions (for yourself) are current at all times.
- Attend relevant conferences and seminars as DSI Underground Geotechnical representative.
- Liaise with mining consultants/contacts in order to develop a better understanding of rock reinforcement mechanics.
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess all the following attributes:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in similar role.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in the discipline of Mining Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or related disciplines – ideally Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Diploma.
- High proficiency in the use of recent Autodesk software releases – Inventor, Autocad and Vault.
- Ability to correctly research, interpret and apply information from mechanical drawings, relevant standards and other associated technical data.
- Ability to write comprehensive technical reports and procedures.
- Ability to learn and operate departmental equipment including tensile tester, hardness tester, profile imaging, XRF and other measurement and testing devices.
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office software products – including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to relate geotechnical performance to ground support mechanics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively with others (internally and externally) and collaborate and liaise in technical detail.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow new business.
- Ability to successfully maintain mine medical clearances and inductions.
- Ability and willingness to undertake regular travel for work, both nationally and internationally.
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Background in metal manufacturing industry.
- MS Navision experience and working knowledge.
What We Offer You
DSI Underground / Fero Group have seen significant changes in recent times, encompassing the merge of people, processes and practices, to develop a culture our current employees are proud to be a part of and we are confident you would be too! We offer:
- An attractive remuneration package with achievable KPI’s.
- Opportunity to develop within an expanding and ethical global organisation.
- Professional Development is encouraged and supported.
- Excellent work / life balance; and
- Additional perks surrounding EAP services and more.
DSI Underground is proud to be an EEO employer. We are committed to hiring the best person for the role and organisation in order to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture for all.
Candidates deemed most suitable for this role will be contacted by Human Resources for pre-screening at the earliest opportunity. So apply now!
Applications close 30 September 2022.