Operations Field Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder, Perth
Job Type: Full time
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Title: Operations Field Support (Entry Level) – Kalgoorlie Based
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking motivated and customer focused individual for the role of Operations Field Support. The role is based at our Kalgoorlie Workshop and will see you engaged in direct customer service and Rock tools (ROTO) operational/coordination activities. Our staff provide you with comprehensive training to set you up to succeed.
This presents you the opportunity to learn and apply Sandvik specific knowledge and services in support of mining customers. In turn, potential career opportunities include promotion to higher operations levels, or career paths to other roles such as sales, service, supervisory or management positions.
This is a Kalgoorlie Residential role.
Some of the requirements of the role include:
- Sorting, analysing, recording, and servicing of used drill bits and consumables
- Managing drilling consumables inventories
- Accurately recording daily data through Sandvik iPad data systems
- Positively engaging with our client’s
- Data entry and record keeping
- Valid manual C Class Driver’s license.
- Roster reliability (5 days on/2 days off – flexible hours available, can be worked within school drop off hours if required, day shift only)
- Fitness / capacity for work (employment medicals arranged by Sandvik as required).
- Ability to pass a Police clearance and drug test.
- Ability to lift minimum of 15kg
- High customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Strong English communication skills
- Right to live and work in Australia is essential
You will have aptitude for learning and the ability to engage in labour intensive work. You have receptiveness to training and guidance; safety behaviours; and effective communication and collaboration skills. These will be the foundation of your progression to the ROTO activities you will be required to perform.
You must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service, attention to detail and solid communication skills.
Basic knowledge of drilling consumables, underground mining and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be favourable. You have receptiveness to training and guidance and the ability to adapt to all situations where required.
This is a 5:2 roster, Monday to Friday and you must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A competitive hourly rate and allowance
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options,
- Length of Service Recognition program.
- Company Performance Bonus Scheme
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period.
- Training and development opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Options for additional superannuation contribution
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies an benefits on the Work180 website
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0428 083 935