Operational Field Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Job Type: Full time
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Operations Field Support
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking motivated and customer focused individuals for the role of Operations Field Support. The role is based at our client mine site and will see you engaged in direct customer service and Rock tools (ROTO) operational/coordination activities.
As an Operations Field Support, you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik rock tool supply Cost Per Metre contract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents
This is a Rock Tools Contract at Tritton Mine. We are open to take applications for candidates living in Cobar, Dubbo or Nyngan.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing drilling consumables inventories to underground drill sites
- Undertaking daily deliveries and stock replenishment to sites (Underground and Surface)
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Perform the refurbishment of blocked and bent drill rods
- Analysing and reporting on drilling consumable performance, condition, and failures
- Positively engaging with our client’s mining operators
- Sorting, analysing, recording, and recycling used drill bits
- Timely data entry and record keeping
- Ability to work underground
- Valid Manual (C Class) Driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a Police clearance and drug test upon application.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 40kgs.
- Right to work in Australia.
- Roster reliability (8 days on/6 days off – 12 hour days)
- Fitness / Capacity for work assessment (employment medicals arranged by Sandvik required), including a Fitness, Drug & Alcohol test.
- High Customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams.
- Adaptable and resilient.
You will preferably have experience working underground around heavy equipment and hold current inductions. You must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of on-site service contracts, underground mining, and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be favourable.
You will have aptitude for learning and the ability to engage in labour intensive work; you have receptiveness to training and guidance; safety behaviours; and effective communication and collaboration skills. These will be the foundation of your progression to the ROTO activities you will be required to perform.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options,
- Length of Service Recognition program.
- Company Performance Bonus Scheme
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period.
- Training and development opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Attractive Superannuation on top of all earnings (if you choose)
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0428 083 935