Operations Field Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Full time
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Operations Field Support – Olympic Dam
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking a motivated, reliable and customer focussed individual for the role of Operations Field Support. The successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of the role, which involves the daily service as part of a team at a Sandvik Rock Tools Contract site.
The role is based at our client’s site, BHP’s, Olympic Dam Mine, and will be a residential role based at Roxby Downs. Working day shift only, 6am to 6pm, 7 days on and 7 days off.
Some of the requirements of the role include
- Perform the daily delivery services of product to each underground drill site
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the underground drill sites
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Complete analysis of failed product and report by following internal reporting guideline
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Where necessary perform the refurbishment of drilling tools
- Valid manual Driver’s license
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 40kgs
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- Capacity to work unsupervised underground
- The right to live and work in this location
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to keep accurate records, forms, and reporting
- High Customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams
- Adaptable and resilient
- High Risk Forklift license
- IT – iPad/computer knowledge
- Underground experience
To succeed in this role
You will have a safety-first mindset – the safety of yourself and others around you. You will have a strong interest in customer service and learning in a manual skilled working environment. You will be open to feedback and a willingness to continuously improve. You will demonstrate safe behaviours, and effective communication and collaboration skills. These will be the foundation of the activities you will be required to perform in this role and the beginning of your career at Sandvik.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job & the ability to pass a pre-employment medical.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, and a Length of Service Recognition program.
- Annual Bonus.
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period.
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
- Access to cultural development opportunities which is in line with our commitment to reconciliation in Australia
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
+61 438 641 791