Service Manager - VIC
Schindler Lifts Australia
Job Type: Full time
WHY join Schindler?
At Schindler we are all about our culture! We focus on supporting our employees to meet their full potential by careful selection and constant development to make them a leader in their area. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop both personally and professionally whilst working with a great bunch of people. We offer job stability to our employees as we focus on promoting from within and foresee a growth trajectory of our business in the coming years.
About the role:
We have an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Manager to join our team based in Melbourne CBD. Reporting directly to the area Operations Manager, you will have approximately 10 direct reports and P&L responsibilities . The role is office based as well as spending time in the field with technician direct reports and attending customer meetings. You will also be expected to carry out the monthly toolbox meetings and be responsible for driving consistent and reliable financial performance.
As the successful candidate, you play a crucial role in our business as you are often the first point of contact for our customers, to deliver responsive and high-quality services and solutions . You will also be responsible for providing coaching, mentoring and leadership to your team of service technicians driving open communication and a focus on a safety culture.
This package includes:
- Highly Competitive base + 11% Super
- $28,000 Bonus incentive
- $18,000 car allowance
- Access to discounted partner company offers
- Funding for further educational support upon completion of 1 year of employment
- Birthday day off!
- Requirements for the role:
- Ideally past experience as a Maintenance/ Repairs/ Service Manager working in the Lift industry or within Fire , HVAC , Security or a similar industry.
- Previous experience managing Field Technicians
- Qualification in building, engineering, electrical or mechanical disciplines will be looked upon favourably
- Proven experience in driving business growth and minimizing labour costs
- Strong organization and delegation skills, with proven ability to coordinate staff productivity.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong awareness of safety ideally with a qualification
- Past experience forecasting, budgeting and contract administration
Schindler Lifts Australia is part of the Schindler Group, one of the top elevator companies in the world, spanning 100 countries with more than 64,000 employees worldwide . We are one of the largest suppliers of new elevators, escalators and moving walkways in Australia today, employing over 1,200 employees who design install, service and modernise urban transport systems for almost every building type. At Schindler, we differentiate ourselves with our modern technology and innovative people.
How to apply:
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a Global Industry Leader and believe that you possess the required skills and qualifications to succeed in this role, click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces; women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background or a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agents for any position, this includes those that are submitted directly to the company or where the recruiter has contacted a manager.