Schindler Lifts Australia
Location: Melbourne, Perth
Job Type: Full time
WHY JOIN SCHINDLER?
At Schindler, we are all about our culture! We focus on supporting you to meet your potential through careful selection and constant development to make you a leader in your area. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop both personally and professionally whilst working with a great bunch of people. We will offer you stability and growth as we focus on promoting from within and foresee a growth trajectory of our business in the coming years.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Safety Advisor to join our WA branch, reporting to our National EHS Manager . This role is responsible for ensuring that our WA branch has the best safety system that is lived by our employees. You will be out and about visiting our very diverse sites in construction and from hospitals to homes in Service, helping design SWMS , running safety days , engaging with the very active Committees . Definitely, no 2 days are the same .
The Operations team have a very high regard for the Safety team and you will be part of the WA Branch Management team and have the opportunity to directly influence and impact the business . You are also part of the National Safety team so you will have a network of like-minded safety professionals to engage with. You will be naturally collaborative, responsive and customer focused. At the same time, knowing what needs to be done & how to get people to do it.
- Base salary up to $125K (depending on experience and qualifications)
- 10% Bonus
- 11% Super
- $18k Car allowance
- Proactive Safety Culture
- A work/life balance organisation - culture-first approach
- A great learning environment with a local and global team
- Access to staff discount scheme
- A wide variety of social activities – even a day off for your birthday!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Compelling experience in Safety in any of the following industries - lift, construction, facilities management, manufacturing, mining or industrial; with proven experience in engaging and influencing stakeholders on EHS matters together with:
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S
- Experience in implementing EHS strategy, plans, initiatives and systems and persuading the business to follow suit willingly!
- Experience in providing EHS training as well as coaching and mentoring teams
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Australian EHS laws and regulations
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Our key outcome is that we want to have an interdependent Safety Culture - everything you do will be about achieving that goal
- Drive and promote safe behaviour in accordance with the Schindler EHS Management Systems and implement the safety strategy plan across the WA branch
- Organise Safety Days and Safety training that impacts safety behaviour
- Ensure compliance to our safety procedures by identifying gaps and closeout non-conformances
- Conduct safety walks, observe the observer and toolbox talks & ensure follow up actions are completed
- Follow up on all incident reports to closure and undertake investigations when required
- Assist with the development of site-specific Safety Plan & Safe Work Method Statements
- Work with the Claims Manager to ensure Return to Work process for WA branch is effective and ensure the best outcomes for all parties
Schindler Lifts Australia is part of the Schindler Group, one of the top elevator companies in the world, spanning 100 countries with more than 64,000 employees worldwide . We are one of the largest suppliers of new elevators, escalators and moving walkways in Australia today, employing over 1,200 employees who design install, service and modernise urban transport systems for almost every building type. At Schindler, we differentiate ourselves with our modern technology and innovative people.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a Global Industry Leader and believe that you possess the required skills and qualifications to succeed in this role, click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form or call James on 0419439643 for a confidential discussion regarding the position.
If you are an existing Schindler employee, please ensure you have discussed your application with your line manager prior to applying.
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces; women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background or a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agents for any position, this includes those that are submitted directly to the company or where the recruiter has contacted a manager.