Renewable Energy Sourcing Analyst
Schneider Electric AU & NZ
Job Type: Full time
Are you an experienced analyst that is passionate about the environment, sustainability, and renewable energy? Do you aspire to partner with global customers to support them to achieve their renewable energy and emission reduction targets? Are you looking for a job with meaningful purpose? Are you are looking for an opportunity to continue growing your career within Leading Global Organisation? If so, then we want to hear from you.
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On
Innovation is our middle name. Good is never good enough, and that’s why we are constantly experimenting, taking risks and disrupting the status quo. We think fast, and we act even faster. Setbacks don’t hurt us, they motivate us. That’s why we are not afraid to make our bets bigger, and our decisions bolder to power the digital economy through energy management and automation. We, at Schneider, ensure Life is On.
Entrepreneurs at heart, we take responsibility and ownership of everything we do. This is not somebody else’s company. It is ours! We are individually empowered and collectively driven to collaborate and beat the competition together, but always with integrity and honesty.
We are 100% committed to inclusion. ‘Exclusion’ is not even in our vocabulary. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone, everywhere. This means welcoming people from all walks of life, ages and cultures, embracing different perspectives and calling out bias when we see it. So that every person feels uniquely valued and safe to be at their best. To us, a stranger is simply a friend we haven’t met yet.
To stop learning is to stop growing. We are genuinely curious, never done with learning. To us, there is no such thing as knowing it all or having all the answers. We believe in life-long learning. Every minute of every day brings a new chance to listen, open up our minds, and widen our horisons. We are never too experienced to learn.
We surprise and delight customers as we would be nowhere without them. So, not only do we put ourselves in their shoes, but also anticipate their needs and go the extra mile.
As the world leader in renewable energy procurement, Schneider Electric has advised on over 14,000 MW of global renewable energy PPAs. In 2022, Schneider Electric was ranked #1 PPA Marketplace Solution Provider by Guidehouse Insights. Our Sustainability Business is seeking a Renewable Energy Operations Specialist to work in the Energy & Cleantech Sourcing team service Singapore and Japan markets and to manage the many facets of the procurement process to meet client goals and contribute to the continued transition into the digital and decarbonised economy.
All applicants must be located in Australia (preferably in Melbourne) and have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
As the Renewable Energy Operations Specialist you will play an integral part in a well-established team of professionals who pride themselves on their positive impact on the environmental and financial outcomes of our clients. You will be responsible for running RFPs and performing financial modelling in procuring renewable electricity supply contracts (including Virtual PPAs and Retail PPAs); developing renewable energy strategies for clients; understanding electricity and renewable energy markets; training others; documenting processes; and driving transformation. You will be confident and polished in presenting to clients, online and in person (when appropriate).
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the RFPs (VPPAs and Retail PPAs) for Singapore and Japan, perform complex financial and risk analysis of the responses.
- Writing technical reports detailing analysis results and recommendations.
- Negotiate and utilise quantitative and qualitative techniques to deliver optimal contract energy supply terms and price outcomes for our clients through regular interaction with energy retailers and renewable generation developers.
- Recommend renewable energy strategies for clients by performing analysis of suitable renewable procurement options and making recommendations based on the results, the client’s sustainability goals and risk profile.
- Engage with Client Managers and other internal stakeholders to deliver an exceptional level of service to our clients.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to reduce clients’ Scope 2 emissions and environmental impact through tendering and advanced procurement strategies.
- Build renewable energy developer information and relationships to collect and organise renewable energy project information.
- Develop renewable energy training material to support local sales and marketing initiatives.
- Keep abreast of developments in the energy industry by doing research, reading news articles and attending industry events.
- Support Client Managers as a renewable energy expert during discussions with clients and through the course of a client engagement.
- Innovate processes or services to digitise & automate processes, improve effectiveness and efficiency, and improve the client experience.
Shortlisting for these opportunities will require the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- Applicants with tertiary qualification in one or more of the listed fields or a related technical field are required: Energy, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Accounting/Finance.
- Required previous experience analysing renewable energy procurement options, for example Retail Power Purchase Agreements (Retail PPAs), Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (Virtual PPAs).
- Knowledge of Mandarin language would be highly regarded but not essential.
- Knowledge of Singapore and Japanese energy market will be highly regarded.
- Procurement experience within the energy industry, including at an energy retailer, developer or advisor, will be highly regarded.
- Advanced MS-Excel skills are essential with the ability to identify, analyse, and comprehend information from numerous sources, including working with large data sets, and communicate pertinent information to the appropriate parties.
- Computer programming skills will be highly regarded, as will experience with SQL, R, Matlab, and Qlik.
- Experience with statistical methods and forecasting models will be valued highly, but not mandatory.
- Demonstrable analytical ability with a sharp eye for numerical detail is essential, as is the ability to understand and discuss potential financial outcomes.
- Proven ability to remain focused in a complex and fluid environment whilst delivering tasks accurately and on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer-focused and good stakeholder management skills.
- Adaptable, resilient, and focused, capable of taking ownership and delivering desirable outcomes within a complex and changing environment, whilst remaining an integral part of a close-knit and friendly team.
The list is long but importantly we offer:
- Excellent working environment and culture.
- Opportunity to work with highly experienced and knowledgeable professionals and to expend your knowledge of Energy Markets.
- A chance of making a meaningful impact and leaving a positive mark on organisation and our clients.
- A chance to build your career within our global organisation. With our game changing ‘Open Talent Market’ you have the opportunity to; work on global projects, explore future roles or establish a mentorship to grow your skills.
- A competitive salary package.
- Short Term Incentive Plan (STIP) to reward your contribution in line with the overall performance of the company.
- Ability to purchase annual leave.
- Access to our employee share plan and salary continuance insurance.
- We have a truly flexible work environment, pay equity, family leave policies and a global recognition program.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.