Business Development Manager - Commercial and Industrial
Schneider Electric AU & NZ
Job Type: Full time
Business Development Manager – Commercial and Industrial
- Schneider Electric is listed as One of Fortune’s 2022 World's Most Admired Companies
- Schneider Electric Included in the 2022 Bloomberg LP Gender-Equality Index (GEI)
Do you have Sales Experience? Experience selling Critical Power/Critical Cooling solutions? We are looking for a experienced BDM to grow and establish trusted relationships with Contractors and End users in industrial segments
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to join the APC/Secure Power team as a Business Development Manager in our Brisbane office.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for retaining & hunting new business growth in QLD.
At Schneider Electric, we believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity, and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, and at every moment.
What will you do?
- Generate new business across several industries: 75% field based
- Promote and educate contractors and end users on enterprise and C&I applications
- Develop new acquisition accounts whilst maintaining growth in retention accounts
- Build relationships with external Channel Partners and Contractors
- Develop and execute an edge-based solution strategy
- Develop and implement annual and quarterly business plans by vertical and accounts
- Participate in joint pipeline generation activities and track sales closures
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent desirable
- 5+ years of sales experience in Industrial Automation and Electrical, Cybersecurity, and/or Digital Transformation sectors
- Confident in making cold calls
- Experience pitching new business to Mining, Transport, and Consumer package goods
- Understanding of critical power, critical cooling, and software
- Solid understanding of distribution and contractor markets
- Commercial experience is a plus.
- Highly developed presentation and communications skills
- High EQ and Growth Mindset
What’s in It for You?
- Flexibility at Work and Global Family Leave: Paid Leave, Carer’s Leave, COVID Support, Grandparent Leave, Community Service, Family and Domestic Violence Leave, Miscarriage Leave, Child’s first day of school
- Competitive Salary Package and Benefits: Salary Continuance Insurance, Access to our Employee Share Plan, Purchase Annual Leave, Corporate Discounts and More!
- Inclusive Culture: We welcome people from all walks of life and encourage applications from women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Career Growth Opportunities: We invest in our people by offering more than 50,000 first-class and innovative learning solutions to provide everyone the flexibility and career development they need to make the most of their unique work-life journey
- Opportunity to Work on Global Projects: We offer unique career pathways through real-world exposure to an impressive spectrum of segments, technologies, jobs, and territories
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.