Sustainability Reporting Analyst
Schneider Electric AU & NZ
Location: Macquarie Park, Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Schneider Electric™ is one of the world’s most sustainable companies – and we seek like-minded, passionate people that share our values to join our team. Our Sustainability Business is a leader in the development and delivery of strategic solutions to address climate action, including sustainability and ESG consulting, data and resource management, enterprise efficiency, renewable energy procurement, and supply chain decarbonization - learn more.
About the Role
As a key member of the Sustainability Consulting team, you will be responsible for the implementation of our sustainability reporting strategy and the provision of specialist support in environmental sustainability data and information management to enable accurate and timely sustainability reporting for our customers.
This new role will be key to broadening our reporting capability including evolving our sustainability reporting frameworks, systems and processes to meet current and emerging reporting obligations and commitments.
Key components of the role:
- Take ownership of sustainability reporting, including collaborating with stakeholders including customers and our cross-functional teams to understand their sustainability needs and provide relevant information ensuring that sustainability data and reporting delivers business value
- Advise and support the business and relevant stakeholders on current and evolving carbon and ESG accounting practices and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the capture of all environmental, sustainability and ESG data into a central repository for reporting and analytics.
- Compile validated data and compile internal and external reporting on environmental, sustainability and ESG performance (e.g. NGERS, NPI, GRI, CDP), including regulatory activity, for Board and Executive level.
- Provide oversight and assurance to ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness of data against relevant standards, frameworks, protocols and guidelines e.g. GHG Protocol for scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Support emissions modelling processes with accurate baseline data and assumptions on emission factors
- Utilise and maintain reporting infrastructure for our customers on our cloud-based platform; EcoStruxure Resource Advisor, and other cloud-based platforms as required.
Alongside your core function, you will deliver sustainability data analytics functions as part of our bespoke consulting work, once you have established yourself in the business.
The successful applicant can be based in Sydney (preferred), Brisbane or Melbourne.
- Tertiary level qualifications in a related field including sustainability, business, finance, accounting, engineering, and environmental management.
- 3 to 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in an environmental sustainability reporting role.
- Experience with and awareness of statutory record keeping and reporting requirements including demonstrated experience delivering NGERS reporting.
- Expertise and working knowledge of sustainability, greenhouse gas and ESG reporting regulations, standards, frameworks, techniques and best practices including GHG Protocol, ISSB/IFRS, GRI, CPD, GRESB.
- Proven track record of leading sustainability reporting initiatives and driving results.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to distil complexity concisely.
- High attention to detail with experience and ability to work in a highly numerate and analytical environment. Proficiency in MS Excel is essential.
- Ability to plan and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Next Steps
Are you an innovative thinker, knowledgeable in sustainability data management and reporting, passionate about sustainability and decarbonisation, and looking for new and improved ways to deliver exceptional service to your customers? If so, we want to hear from you.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.