Field Service Technician, Solar - Coleambally, NSW
Schneider Electric AU & NZ
Location: Coleambally, Victoria
Job Type: Full time
Field Service Technician / Electrician (Solar)
Coleambally Solar Farm in NSW OR
Solar Farm based in Numurkah, NSW
- Schneider Electric listed as One of Fortune’s 2022 World's Most Admired Companies
- Schneider Electric Included in the 2022 Bloomberg LP Gender-Equality Index (GEI)
Role can be based either within commuting distance of the Coleambally Solar Farm in NSW, or the Solar Farm based in Numurkah, VIC. We have an exciting opportunity to join our Solar team as a Field Service Technician. The successful candidate will be required to attend on site and be responsible for on-site maintenance, technical analysis, repair, commissioning, testing of medium voltage and low voltage Schneider Electric Solar Products.
- Competitive Salary Package inclusive of a Variable Incentive
- Tool of Trade vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- Allowances - On Call, Night Shift, Away from home
- Salary continuance insurance
- Corporate Discounts
- And much more!
Beyond this we offer a chance to build your career within our global organization. With our game changing ‘Open Talent Market’ you have the opportunity to; explore future roles or establish a mentorship to grow your skills. The opportunities are at your fingertips.
Specific activities will include:
- Provide on-site and remote after-sales support for our MV/LV Solar products, i.e. transformers, RMU, switchgear, inverters, array boxes, and SCADA systems
- Ensure that all service work is delivered efficiently, effectively, and safely
- Attend to critical issues at contracted sites and manage customer relationships
- Being on call for breakdown and urgent technical support
- Represent Schneider Electric Solar business service excellence to our customers
- Electrical License for Victoria with electrical testing or servicing experience is essential
- MV field service engineer training (transformers, RMU, and switchgear) preferred
- Highly competent in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical diagrams
- Commissioning and troubleshooting of Schneider Electric products is advantageous
- Familiar with voltage testers, multimeters, current clamps, oscilloscopes, voltage test procedures, and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) principles and procedures.
- A current Australian driver's license and a white card is essential
- Frequent local travel and interstate travel will be required at times
- Flexible approach to working hours and days (site allowance and overtime rates may apply)
The next steps:
Are you a Technical Partner?
An innovative thinker, knowledgeable in building management systems, passionate about energy efficiency, and looking for new and improved ways to deliver exceptional service to your customers?
If so, we want to hear from you – APPLY TODAY!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for an interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies. Unsolicited candidates submitted will be considered to be direct applications, and no fee will be payable.
What's in it for me?
- (add additional benefits specific to job here)
Who will you report to?
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.