Senior Data Engineer - Machine Learning
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
Servian, is an award winning, regional and global tech consultancy with a rich heritage in Data, DevOps, Digital and Cloud. We embrace innovation, change, and the positive impact it has for us and our clients. All roles at Servian involve personal and technical development pathways which aim to facilitate your career growth. We aim to build an employee experience where you will grow more with us, not be drowned out by the loudest voice, and hence we strive to set you up for a career which will have a greater impact.
Who do we work for?
We have a client list that is the envy of our competitors, working across top-tier companies in banking and finance, insurance, mining, telecommunications, retail, construction, automotive as well as an array of government-owned sectors. If you have experience in these verticals or are looking to develop them, Servian is the right place for you.
Our business focuses on Data and Automation across the following pillars:
Cloud & Technology - Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), HashiCorp.
Data & Analytics - BI/DWH, Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Advanced Analytics.
Digital - Full stack Development, UI/UX Design, Mobile Development.
Customer Engagement - Marketing Campaigns, Campaign Analysis, Customer Insights.
Artificial Intelligence - Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
Cyber Security - DevSecOps, Penetration Testing, Multi-Cloud Security, Security Posture Analysis.
As you can see from the list above our project deliverables and opportunities are endless, only limited by your own ability to take advantage of Servian’s rich internal learning and development programs. Moving into a different technology area is as straightforward as working through our upskilling programs.
About the Role:
Machine Learning and Data Engineers at Servian are responsible for bringing experience and thought-leadership in all areas of data. Your skills will be leveraged by our clients, large and small, across all industries and technologies and you will have the opportunity to solve a diversity of business problems. Your expertise will guide their overall strategy and vision for data, analytics and AI and deliver on cutting-edge data projects, including machine learning.
- Discover the business problem to be solved and generate solutions that include Machine Learning
- Develop Machine Learning models for diverse business problems
- Develop optimisation solutions for business and industry
- Architect, build and manage solutions for the establishment of data capabilities including data models, data warehousing
- Architect, build and manage solutions for machine learning and analytics platforms in the cloud or on-premise
- Design and implement machine learning pipelines. Design and build data ingestion solutions to import data from a variety of enterprise data sources
- Develop reports and dashboards
- Communicate analysis, insights, and technical solutions.
- Analysis of human behaviours
- Analysis of business operations and processes
- Reporting and communication
Capabilities & Experience:
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver, with technical competency and commercial awareness.
- A pragmatic approach to working
- Mathematical background
- Experience in data science, analytics, and statistics
- Previous experience working with AI and ML technologies
- Solid practical capability with SQL, P/SQL, databases, data modeling
- Programming proficiency in Python or R with broad exposure to languages including Java, Scala or C
- Knowledge of Cloud environments including Google, AWS, or Azure
- Consulting experience would be highly desirable, but not essential
No matter what Senior level you join us at, Servian has a career trajectory for you that ensures personal growth, leadership development, and ongoing investment in your training and development. It is everything you need to forge the very best career in the data and analytics and cloud consulting industry.
If we haven’t convinced you yet then let’s just recap and sum it all up for you:
- Work on a wide range of interesting projects, using a variety of emerging technologies.A chance to work alongside a collaborative and passionate like-minded team.
- Consultant-led events including Social clubs, Tech clubs (IoT, Chatbots, etc.), Gaming events, MeetUps, and Cloud vendor Hackathons.
- Proactive career development through structured learning and development, multiple avenues for growth, and an innovative reward and recognition structure.
- Sponsored certifications across all our partner technology vendors. Strong support of individual and team empowerment where ideas are heard.
- Alongside the above, we also provide employees with life and salary insurance, progressive parental leave policy, and a sociable workplace that truly values its diversity.
- We're the epitome of a flat hierarchy. You can reach out to anyone at any time.
- Access to a wide range of internal training sessions, across both technical and consulting skills.
- We provide employees with Life, Salary Insurance, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- We are proud to have a sociable workplace that values diversity and celebrates achievement with multiple company-wide, social, and family events throughout the year. Due to Covid-19, all social events are currently virtual but don’t worry, the magic show is great.
Inclusion & Diversity
Servian recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at Servian.
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like to hear about other exciting opportunities get in touch with the Servian Talent Acquisition Team.
You’ve got this!