Water Quality and Treatment SME
Job Type: Full time
Why work for Sodexo?
Sodexo is a people business, employing over 400,000 people worldwide and thousands here in Australia. Our employees, who personify Sodexo's unique values of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress, are our greatest asset through their commitment and dedication.
We believe the more diverse we are, the stronger we are. No matter your background, we will do all we can to help you thrive. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, valuing diversity, and creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees.
At Sodexo, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all applicants regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and beliefs and people with disabilities.
We offer a competitive salary, many development opportunities and an outstanding benefits and recognition program! Flexible working arrangements are also offered.
Sodexo is on the hunt for a Water Treatment and Quality SME to join our Compliance Team based out of our WA office in Balcatta.
Within Western Australia, Sodexo is responsible for the operations, maintenance, and refurbishment of non-process infrastructure to clients within the mining and oil & gas sector. Sodexo plays a critical role in ensuring the resource sector can operate by providing quality catering, hospitality, and facilities maintenance services.
The main role of Water Quality and Treatment SME is to ensure that water and wastewater systems are compliant while following health, environmental and client requirements. The position also performs as the Project Manager for an external laboratory. The position is critical to the continued operations of our mining camps and villages throughout the Pilbara.
A strong understanding of Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) is essential as the ability to understand and analyse data. You will also need to be able to create and deliver comprehensive reports to the business, client, and relevant government regulators.
The Water Quality and Treatment SME:
- Provide technical support to operations and maintenance teams for water and wastewater assets
- Ensure compliance of water governance activities
- Ensure safety through risk assessments, management of change processes and asset verification
- Regular site visits to mine sites to build and maintain strong relationships with FM Operations teams
- Provide on-site technical support as required.
- Performs inspection, field investigations and surveys of water assets
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assists in developing and maintaining water and wastewater management plans
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans and provide guidance and recommendations on trends to support operations and assets.
- Sound understanding of drinking water and wastewater treatment systems
- Understanding of water and wastewater statutory requirements
- Knowledge of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines
- Ability to perform well under pressure and with competing priorities
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Excellent problem-solving skills, coordination and time management skills
- Positive “can do” attitude, self-motivated and customer focused
- Ability to work unsupervised
If you want to join an employer that promotes and encourages growth and personal develop while working in a supportive, inclusive, and high preforming team then please click Apply and send through your resume.