FIFO Industrial Cleaner
Location: Weipa Town
Job Type: Casual
This could be your chance to get your start in a lucrative industry.
We’re looking for customer service-oriented people with industrial cleaning or hospitality experience OR an alternate transferrable skill set with a positive can-do attitude. Your next adventure awaits!
This role is a 14:7 11 hours a day, FIFO from Cairns in Far North Qld.
What do Mine Site Cleaners do?
Mine Site Cleaners are service minded, with a desire to help improve quality of life for village residents living and working away from home. Working as a mine site cleaner you will mostly clean offices, crib rooms and ablutions; however on occasions support in other operational areas if required.
- Working across a range of functions to support operational needs
- Housekeeping/Cleaning accommodation rooms aka: “dongas”
- Assisting in the Kitchen and Dining Room service areas
- Mine Site Cleaning of Offices, Crib rooms and Ablution Blocks
- Providing customer service in the Tavern or Retail shop
- Maintaining cleanliness of outdoor areas and grounds
What does it take to work FIFO?
The FIFO lifestyle can be very rewarding but it isn’t for everyone. Consider what to expect and what is required of you when assessing your options:
- Ability to work 10-12-hour shifts, day or night shifts as required
- Ability to endure remote environment in extreme heat or weather conditions
- Ability to multi-task and assist in other areas with positive teamwork approach
- Ability to understand the requirements of safe work and safety protocols
- Ability to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug & alcohol testing
- Australian working rights and up to date COVID-19 vaccinations are essential
- An open drivers license
- Ability to drive to and from the mine site
Most of all, what’s in it for you?
This is an entry-level role which can lead to many more opportunities for your future. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Permanent role with Sodexo - we’re looking for keepers!
- Great annualised salary with consistent hours, holiday, sick pay, and superannuation
- A structured on-boarding and induction program to ensure you get the best start in your FIFO life
- Your flights, food and accommodation are covered whilst at site – let the savings begin!
- Access to fantastic Village facilities and lifestyle options including gyms, fitness classes, pools, tennis courts, and social activities (dependent on Village)
- Access to employee benefits, discounts, and our recognition program
- Great teamwork and a solid group of people around you!
Sodexo offers over 80 different career streams, upskilling opportunities, and the unique opportunity to progress your career as you learn the business and gain new skills. Your development is our investment.
What are you waiting for? Submit your application today and become part of our family!
Why choose Sodexo?
Sodexo is a people business, employing over 400,000 people worldwide and thousands here in Australia. Our employees, who personify Sodexo's unique values of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress, are our greatest asset through their commitment and dedication.
We believe the more diverse we are, the stronger we are. No matter your background, we will do all we can to help you thrive. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, valuing diversity, and creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees.
At Sodexo, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all applicants regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and beliefs and people with disabilities.
We offer a competitive salary, many development opportunities and an outstanding benefits and recognition program!