Senior Electrical Draftsperson
South East Water
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We’re here to help people live well and create a better and more sustainable future. We support healthy and liveable communities by delivering water, sewerage and recycled water services to 1.77 million people who rely on us every day and every night. At South East Water, we innovate with purpose and act with care to deliver healthy water for life. Fresh thinking and collaboration are at the heart of our organisation. We are constantly learning, embracing the challenges of today and excited by the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
During this 6 month, fixed term contract, you will be responsible for ensuring that all electrical schematics and single line diagrams are properly updated, verified, and registered in SEW’s drawing management system, as Senior Electircal Draftsperson, you will also create electrical design drawings for modification or construction activities on minor electrical assets.
The role also provides guidance and advice to the broader business on development of technical standards and document management processes applicable to electrical drawings.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continually review SEW’s drawing register to ensure that electrical drawings are complete, up to date and compliant with SEW and other applicable drawing standards.
- Update electrical schematics and single line diagrams following any in-field modification or installation of electrical assets, based on red line mark-ups provided by field technicians.
- Verify electrical drawings against as-installed equipment by coordinating field technicians to conduct site verifications, reviewing photographs of installations and, on occasion, conducting site visits as required.
- Perform the role of an administrator for SEW’s drawing management system in relation to the management of electrical drawings, including entering and extracting drawing metadata, checking drawing formats, numbering plans, developing and implanting drawing naming conventions, developing storage hierarchies for electrical drawings, checking consistency and accuracy of drawing cross-references, and managing document version control processes.
- Verify, upload and register electrical schematics for works from external project contractors and internal SEW project teams as required.
- Upload drawings for other non-electrical disciplines occasionally as required.
Who are you?
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Extensive industrial electrical drafting experience (minimum 10 years), including substantial experience with electrical design drafting.
- Experience leading or providing technical direction to other personnel is essential.
- A previous electrical trade qualification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- High level computer skills and experience, including: minimum 10 years’ experience with AutoCAD; extensive experience with drawing management systems; and experience with the creation of technical spreadsheets and/or databases.
- High attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and sound numeracy skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of appropriate Australian, International and Industry Standards as they relate to electrical drawings.
What's in it for you?
- A commitment to work-life balance with truly flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working and leave purchasing.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for all parents and paid super on unpaid parental leave
- A range of benefits, including free on-site parking and cultural leave.
- A great culture working in collaborative teams with strong work ethics.
- Career focused learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to environmental initiatives.
- Enjoy modern office facilities with panoramic beachfront views.
- Competitive Salary Range $105,926 - $111,943+super
We're for everyone
We do meaningful work, but how we do it is just as important. We’re here to help people live well, protect the environment, and keep healthy water and resources accessible and affordable for all. We know to make a positive difference we need to support our people to be their very best. Flexibility and innovation are at the heart of how we work. But it’s our people’s collective ambition, authenticity and differences that bring our culture to life.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. Everyone brings a unique voice and a refreshing perspective that keeps us innovating. It makes us better learners, thinkers and collaborators, helping create better outcomes for our customers. Even though we’re all different, we still share a common goal to deliver healthy water for life.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and from culturally diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace for everyone. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, or to learn more about the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to make an impact?
Click here to check out the position description. We're accepting applications for this exciting opportunity until Monday 27th March.
Visit southeastwater.com.au to learn more about us and how we serve our customers.