Senior Regulatory Economist
South East Water
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We’re here to help people live well and create a better and more sustainable future. We support healthy and liveable communities by delivering water, sewerage and recycled water services to 1.77 million people who rely on us every day and every night. At South East Water, we innovate with purpose and act with care to deliver healthy water for life. Fresh thinking and collaboration are at the heart of our organisation. We are constantly learning, embracing the challenges of today and excited by the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
The role of the Senior Regulatory Economist is to develop, in conjunction with the Group Manager - Planning and Regulation, pricing and corporate strategies for the provision of water, sewerage and related services to customers. This will include providing specialist advice and technical analysis to facilitate the needs of customers and their preferences under the Essential Services Commission (ESC) pricing framework.
The role provides data driven and evidence based strategic economic advice to the business on a range of matters, including investment, demand forecasting and pricing.
Who are you?
- Tertiary qualification in economics
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of ESC’s water pricing framework;
- Strong conceptual thinker and ability to develop strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Capability to effectively convey to internal and external stakeholders complex issues in simple language;
- Skilled in the preparation of high quality, strategic and persuasive written submissions to the ESC and other Government bodies
- Strong inter-personal skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence;
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to undertake advanced analytical, financial and economic modelling tasks to support pricing submission and corporate planning processes
- Experience in a regulatory economist role in a regulated sector
What's in it for you?
- A commitment to work-life balance with truly flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working and leave purchasing.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for all parents and paid super on unpaid parental leave
- A range of benefits, including free on-site parking and cultural leave.
- A great culture working in collaborative teams with strong work ethics.
- Career focused learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to environmental initiatives.
- Enjoy modern office facilities with panoramic beachfront views.
We're for everyone
We do meaningful work, but how we do it is just as important. We’re here to help people live well, protect the environment, and keep healthy water and resources accessible and affordable for all. We know to make a positive difference we need to support our people to be their very best. Flexibility and innovation are at the heart of how we work. But it’s our people’s collective ambition, authenticity and differences that bring our culture to life.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. Everyone brings a unique voice and a refreshing perspective that keeps us innovating. It makes us better learners, thinkers and collaborators, helping create better outcomes for our customers. Even though we’re all different, we still share a common goal to deliver healthy water for life.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and from culturally diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace for everyone. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, or to learn more about the role, please contact: email@example.com
Keen to make an impact?
Click here to check out the position description. We're accepting applications for this exciting opportunity until Sunday 26th March 2023
This is a Level 5 position
Visit southeastwater.com.au to learn more about us and how we serve our customers