Senior Process Engineer
South East Water
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We’re here to help people live well and create a better and more sustainable future. We support healthy and liveable communities by delivering water, sewerage and recycled water services to 1.77 million people who rely on us every day and every night. At South East Water, we innovate with purpose and act with care to deliver healthy water for life. Fresh thinking and collaboration are at the heart of our organisation. We are constantly learning, embracing the challenges of today and excited by the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
The Treatment and Resource Recovery Planning team is responsible for ensuring South East Water's treatment facilities are capable of meeting their performance objectives. This includes ensuring there is adequate capacity to meet forecast loads, whilst ensuring environmental and public health standards and customer commitments can be met.
Process Engineering is the key discipline in managing the future of the Water Recycling Plants (WRP) and in this role, you will lead planning projects and play a key role in introducing new technologies for the treatment plants which support goals to lower greenhouse gas emissions, increase recovery of products and support the increased use of alternative water.
As a senior member of the team you will also have responsibility for a process engineering team, providing leadership, technical mentoring, process engineering support and guidance.
Who are you?
To be successful in this position, you will have skills and experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate:
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably either in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering with process major.
- Certified Practicing Engineer (CPEng) desirable
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sewage treatment, process engineering, water recycling, treatment plant planning or related disciplines, preferable to have odour management experience
- Ability to undertake complex technical and analytical work under limited supervision and direction and provide technical mentoring and leadership to other members of the team
- Leadership experience and a high level of personal motivation
- Extensive experience in planning of large multi-disciplinary WRP programs and capital works in the wastewater treatment plant industry
- Knowledge of process modeling and simulation tools and experience using these tools to plan, design and/or optimise wastewater treatment processes
- Ability to lead project teams by influencing stakeholders and delivery partners to ensure the best project outcome is achieved.
- High level of verbal communication skills to inform, influence and exchange knowledge in a variety of settings.
What's in it for you?
- A commitment to work-life balance with truly flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working, leave purchasing and RDO options.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for all parents and paid super on unpaid parental leave
- A range of benefits, including free on-site parking and cultural leave.
- A great culture working in collaborative teams with strong work ethics.
- Career focused learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to environmental initiatives.
- Enjoy modern office facilities with panoramic beachfront views.
We're for everyone
We do meaningful work, but how we do it is just as important. We’re here to help people live well, protect the environment, and keep healthy water and resources accessible and affordable for all. We know to make a positive difference we need to support our people to be their very best. Flexibility and innovation are at the heart of how we work. But it’s our people’s collective ambition, authenticity and differences that bring our culture to life.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. Everyone brings a unique voice and a refreshing perspective that keeps us innovating. It makes us better learners, thinkers and collaborators, helping create better outcomes for our customers. Even though we’re all different, we still share a common goal to deliver healthy water for life.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and from culturally diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace for everyone. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, or to learn more about the role, please contact: email@example.com
Keen to make an impact?
Click here to check out the position description. We're accepting applications for this exciting opportunity until Wednesday 31st May.
Visit southeastwater.com.au to learn more about us and how we serve our customers.