Project Officer - Emergency Management 12 month contract
South East Water
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We’re here to help people live well and create a better and more sustainable future. We support healthy and liveable communities by delivering water, sewerage and recycled water services to 1.77 million people who rely on us every day and every night. At South East Water, we innovate with purpose and act with care to deliver healthy water for life. Fresh thinking and collaboration are at the heart of our organisation. We are constantly learning, embracing the challenges of today and excited by the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
The Project Officer Emergency Management will be responsible for leading the planning of projects to better prepare for a future of more frequent extreme weather events.
This planning will help to minimise the impact to our ability to serve our community, protect our staff and assets and safeguard the environment. With the ever increasing and evolving challenges in areas such as climate change, data, applying new technology, South East Water requires emergency management expertise and leadership to support the business and our customers into the future.
Who are you?
To be successful in this position, you will be required to have an engineering or science degree in a relevant field, and proven relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience in emergency management, and knowledge of the Emergency Management Act 2013
- Leadership and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Stakeholder management skills are essential.
- Ability to make sound technical decisions.
- Ability to work flexibly and support the Business Resilience Advisor as required.
What's in it for you?
- A commitment to work-life balance with truly flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working and leave purchasing.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for all parents and paid super on unpaid parental leave
- A range of benefits, including free on-site parking and cultural leave.
- A great culture working in collaborative teams with strong work ethics.
- Career focused learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to environmental initiatives.
- Enjoy modern office facilities with panoramic beachfront views.
- This is a level 5, starting salary $105,926-$111,501 plus super
We're for everyone
We do meaningful work, but how we do it is just as important. We’re here to help people live well, protect the environment, and keep healthy water and resources accessible and affordable for all. We know to make a positive difference we need to support our people to be their very best. Flexibility and innovation are at the heart of how we work. But it’s our people’s collective ambition, authenticity and differences that bring our culture to life.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. Everyone brings a unique voice and a refreshing perspective that keeps us innovating. It makes us better learners, thinkers and collaborators, helping create better outcomes for our customers. Even though we’re all different, we still share a common goal to deliver healthy water for life.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and from culturally diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace for everyone. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, or to learn more about the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to make an impact?
Click here to check out the position description. We're accepting applications for this exciting opportunity until Monday, 2nd October 2023.
Visit southeastwater.com.au to learn more about us and how we serve our customers.