Project Engineer - Nullaga
Job Type: Full time
- Be a part of South32's exciting growth plan for major Projects
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work in a dynamic and supportive team
The Opportunity – 2 year fixed-term contract
This position will form part of the South32’s Major Projects – Studies team and migrate into Major Projects Execution.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of assigned packages as part of a mine development project.
The role will transition to site execution at Boddington Bauxite Mine as part of a mine development project delivering roads, bridges and supporting infrastructure to enable future mining activity.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South 32.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Primary responsibilities are to: Ensure the Study’s objectives are achieved in line with Engineering Services Provider (ESP) agreed Scope of Work.
- Develop project scopes, Project Management Plans and work schedules
- Contribute to the review of all ESP Study deliverables.
- Constructively participate in all design and safety reviews while proactively supporting workplace safety, design and environmental standards and procedures.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to planning and operations meetings
- Be actively involved in safety and risk including hazards reporting and safety investigations
- Relevant degree or extensive demonstrated experience (mining, engineering or related)
- 5+ years of experience in the mining/mineral processing industry
- Project Planning, Project Controls and or Project Management experience in major project/ program development and execution in mining or heavy industry.
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and promote collaboration across organisations.
- The ability to respond in a timely, professional, and comprehensive manner to requests.
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Incentive bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
This role will be based at our corporate office in the heart of Perth CBD with stunning river views. Regular travel to Boddington Bauxite Mine will be required as part of the role.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 7th October 2022