Electrical Instrument Technician
Job Type: Full time
- Good team culture
- Day Shift roster working 4 x 10-hour days per week
- World-class Alumina refinery
The Opportunity - Electrical Instrument Technician - Day Shift roster working 4 x 10-hour days per week - based in Collie, South-West WA
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is for an Electrical Instrumentation Technician to join our Electrical Maintenance team on a Day Shift roster working 4 x 10-hour days per week. Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, your role will be to safely maintain electrical and instrumentation equipment throughout various sections of the refinery. This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Efficiently and effectively carry out electrical and instrument preventative and corrective maintenance activities including but not limited to diagnosing, repairing & testing of Temperature, Pressure & Flow measurement instrumentation.
- Maintenance of 3.3kV and 415V switchgear, VSDs, motors, cabling and motor control centres.
- Strong problem solving & electrical fault finding skills.
- Utilise Work Instruction documents to complete scheduled work in a timely manner, and to a high-quality tradesperson standard.
- Isolation of LV & HV circuits for safe access to electrical apparatus.
- Electrical Trade certified & A grade electrical license.
- High level of safety awareness and risk mitigation.
- Certificate IV in Instrumentation, with practical experience maintaining instrumentation.
- Well-developed understanding of the operation and maintenance of large-scale refinery equipment.
- Experience working with electro pneumatic control valves and positioners, variable speed drives, PLC and DCS systems.
- Experience maintaining and fault-finding motor control circuits.
- High Voltage Switching Ticket
- Cert IV in Hazardous Areas
As the successful applicant, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 1st of December