Practice Lead Risk Consulting & Improvement
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, copper, lead, manganese, nickel, silver and zinc from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
The Opportunity – Permanent, Full Time Position
This important and influential role contributes to the creation and protection of value at South32. The Practice Lead Risk Consulting & Improvement will be responsible for the ongoing improvement of the Group system of risk management. The role provides expert advice and coaching to global operational and functional stakeholders operating at senior levels across the organisation
Reporting to the Group Manager Risk, key role accountabilities include:
- Responsible for technically accurate contributions to the development and operation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), the supporting system of risk management
- Developing and maintaining the group system of risk management
- Inform improvement to governance documentation in line with growing maturity within the system of risk management
- Co-ordinate and facilitate global risk forums to drive shared learning and consistency across the group
- Provide specialist, independent and technically capable risk and compliance support. Coaching and training process owners to ensure their risks are managed effectively with documented and appropriately verified controls,
- Inform risk and compliance reporting, including guidance on emerging trends across the strategic risk portfolio and any changes to the material risk profile that may be required
- Ongoing development of Risk Appetite tolerance indicators and supporting key risk indicator metrics to improve oversight and maturity of the system of risk management
- Lead risk improvement projects that support enterprise improvement in the system of risk management
You will be required to have the following:
- Experience in Mining and Metals, preferably in safety, Risk or Assurance capacity
- Demonstrated capability in current risk management / assurance practice
- Exceptional influencing of key stakeholders with the ability to coach and lead change
- Systems thinking and the ability to apply cause and effect analysis
- Experience with Project and Change Management
- Excellent skills in data monitoring, advance analytics and risk and assurance process
- Analytically strong; with exemplary understanding of risk fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, able to translate technical content into business insights and recommendations
- Sound judgment, commercial focus, and thought leadership
- Demonstrated competency informing risk-based metrics and reporting to Executive Management and/or Boards
- An effective coach who is sought out for their domain knowledge and experience when troubleshooting and guidance are needed
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Experience with the SAI Global risk management system Global360 a plus
- Previous experience in a leadership role in assurance, risk or related roles, preferably in a globally diverse listed company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Internal Audit, Assurance, Business Management, Finance or Commerce highly desirable
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive bonus
- Free onsite wellness classes
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose
This role will be based at our office in the heart of the Perth CBD.
We understand and value the benefits flexibility brings and operate a hybrid work model (in the office and from home).
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications close 3rd February 2023