Senior Contracts Specialist / Principal
Job Type: Full time
- Principal procurement role on world-class refinery
- Long term career prospects
- Dynamic and engaging role
The Opportunity - Senior Contracts Specialist / Principal - based in Collie, South-West of WA
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Reporting to the Supply Manager, the successful applicant will be a senior member of he Worsley Alumina site category management team and is responsible for developing category plans to deliver quality supply outcomes for the operation. An outstanding internal and external relationship builder, the role partners with operational and functional stakeholders to optimise supply risk and cost through effective market engagement and strategy.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
This role is offered on a Permanent basis, reporting to the Supply Manager
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Development and execution of the commercial strategy for category goods and services sourced externally to ensure business continuity and optimal commercial outcomes
- Executes sourcing activities (including tender preparation and management) and contract negotiations, in alignment with Supply standards and procedures
- Engages with key stakeholders across the business to seek endorsements & approvals
- Monitors existing contracts and the portfolio of suppliers supporting the business ensuring optimal usage & performance against business expectations, executing contract variations as required
- Completing required internal documentation and approvals in accordance with South32 standards and policies
- Develops collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Commerce, Finance, Engineering or related disciplines
- Strong experience in developing commercial strategies and leading high value strategic negotiations for mining or heavy industrial services categories
- Extensive experience Commercial/ Supply environment
- Strategic sourcing or category management experience
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options and flexible working arrangements
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 31st January 2023