Job Type: Full time
- Dynamic and diverse role
- Good team environment
- Working in the beautiful South-West of WA
The Opportunity –Assurance Specialist – 9 day-fortnight
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
The role of the Assurance Specialist is to support the Production department in consistently improving all relevant Processes, Systems & Practices to ensure the safe and sustainable delivery of the Business Plan & relevant performance metrics in the pillars of Risk, Safety, People, Production & Cost.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Support the delivery and sustainability of the Operating System at department level ensuring they are in line with South32 practices and supporting the teams with maintenance and improvement of safety systems and coaching on process and behaviours
- Support the delivery of the assurance process which includes risk management, WA dangerous goods audit, internal audit investigations and contract/tender management process
- Responsible for the coordination of the Departmental Document Management Process, overseeing the overall documents development process
- ISO 9001 Support/ coordination for department ensuring auditing is carried out for Production area and support during company audits
- Risk and safety management & assessment, data analysis and reporting experience ideally an Operations/Production environment
- Project management or Improvement skillset
- Process and Systems experience – ideally proficient in (but not limited to) G360, SAP (WM), PowerBI (Reports) Microsoft Office 360, LMS
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options and flexible working arrangements
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 24th March 2023