Technician - Powerhouse Maintenance Fitter
Job Type: Full time
- 9-day fortnight working arrangement offered
- Refinery located in the beautiful South-West of WA
- Positive team culture
The Opportunity: Techinican - Powerhouse Maintenance Fitter - 4x 10 hour days per week
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the purpose of this role is to safely execute maintenance work within an operation area as per SAP (computerized maintenance management system) processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions as directed by the Supervisor Maintenance
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 - 50 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to safe work practices and procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in workplace investigations or observations as required
- Ensure compliance to the SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the SAP system
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Initiate updates to work procedures & master data to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the SAP process
- Actively support and apply the company’s continuous improvement principles to minimize cost, maximize production
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant or equivalent role, with experience in a large-scale refinery in a Powerhouse preferred
- SAP data entry, work order processing and warehouse functions knowledge
- High Risk Work License for Forklift
- Elevated Work Platform
- High Risk Basic Rigging
- Accredited Working at Height Training
- Accredited Working in Confined Spaces Training
- HR Class Driver’s License is desirable
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 24th March 2023