Electrical Maintenance Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
What we offer you
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive Salary and Incentive Bonus
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education assistance and career development
- Additional Super Contributions
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
About the role
As an Electrical Maintenance Coordinator at Appin Mine, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing maintenance activities at the mine. Reporting to a Maintenance Superintendent, you will be supported in your efforts in continually seeking to improve our maintenance practices and equipment performance across the operation.
- Lead and monitor the safe planning and execution of maintenance activities in your process area
- Technical expert and support for Electrical Maintenance, providing technical support for trades and supervisors on equipment in your area
- Contribute to forecasting and scheduling of maintenance activities and projects
- Ensure execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures
- Review work execution performance with team members, identify gaps and take corrective action as necessary to improve performance
- Complete daily and weekly reviews of area performance for maintenance activities and equipment performance
- Trade Certificate, Degree or Associate Diploma in a relevant Electrical field
- Experience working in similar role in the mining industry – underground coal preferable
- Experience with SAP work management – preferable
- Demonstrated ability to contribute, influence and make decisions within multi-functional teams
This position will be based at the Appin mine which is in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
About Illawarra Metallurgical Coal
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South32.
Applications for this job will close on Tuesday 28th March.