Superintendent - Maintenance Execution
Job Type: Full time
- Relocation package offered
- Long-term career opportunities
- Drive in drive out position based in the beautiful surrounds of the South-West
The Opportunity: Superintendent – Maintenance Execution – 9-day fortnight offered
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all Maintenance activities within the accountable area are executed safely by competent maintenance personnel in accordance with work schedules, relevant standards and work instructions.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Lead the maintenance execution teams and promote operating discipline related to the SAP work management processes
- Provide input into the maintenance budget by reviewing existing work plans and stand-alone tasks lists
- Execution of maintenance activities in line with the weekly work schedules or shutdown schedules and minimise any unscheduled work requirements.
- Input into the development and deployment of maintenance work strategies
- Participate in the weekly planning and scheduling process meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources and plan to the work schedule
- Ensure maintenance teams understand the value of SAP work management processes
- Facilitate performance reviews, identify gaps and engage the relevant stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are taken
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, or relevant trade qualifications
- Demonstrated capability to successfully lead a team and influence others
- Exceptional safety leadership with an ability to identify and eliminate hazards in the workplace
- Ability to develop, coach and mentor employees to improve engagement, diversity and capability
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options and flexible working arrangements
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 4th April 2023