Execution Superintendent - Electrical Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
- Challenging and dynamic Superintendent role working on world-class refinery
- Flexible working conditions and 9-day fortnight arrangement
- Reclocation package on offer
The Opportunity – Execution Superintendent – Electrical – 9-day fortnight working arrangement
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of the Execution Superintendent - Electrical Maintenance role is to ensure the safe, efficient, and high-quality execution of planned and breakdown electrical work activities to support operations at the Worsley Refinery.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Oversee all aspects of electrical maintenance execution activities
- Work collaboratively with Senior Leadership, other Superintendents and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure electrical maintenance execution activities are conducted safely and effectively by competent maintenance personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures
- Holds site electrical in-house nominee accountability and ensures we remain compliant to electrical regulations and safety requirements, including associated accreditation for radiation sources, hazardous areas, high voltage, natural gas, refrigerants and safety management systems
- Ensure optimal management of the department through the effective and efficient application of policies and procedures, business systems, human and financial resources
- Accountable for the execution of all department PM maintenance tasks and ensuring department maintenance activities in line with weekly schedule or scheduled outages
- Drives team discipline to maintain the integrity of the Work Management processes
- Identifies, initiates, approves, maintains and terminates non-traded contracts and approves contractors
- Provide input into long term planning strategies, inventory and additions, budgeting and technical support
- Ensure compliance to operating standards as a control owner of Material / Fatal Risks
- Maintain a disciplined approach to Asset Management and change control processes
- Degree, Associate Diploma or Trade Certificate in Electrical Maintenance field
- Electrical Maintenance Engineering and Asset management experience
- Several years’ experience in leading large diverse teams
- Fully proficient in MS Office and SAP
- Strong understanding of Electrical Statutory Regulation and Compliance requirements
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options and flexible working arrangements
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 6th April 2023