Job Type: Full time
- Great career opportunity
- Work life balance
- Come and work for a world class operation
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Laboratory Supervisor to ensure the safe execution of analysis on samples from all areas of the plant and port. This contributes directly to the continuous monitoring and control of the alumina refinery operation. This is required on a 12 hour rotating shift basis including direct analysis and laboratory maintenance tasks.
Refinery This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes – bus available from Bunbury location only) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
- Be responsible for your own safety and contribute to the safety of all lab personnel by adhering to work standards, ensuring you have competency for the tasks allocated to you, and understand the risks and controls of each task.
- Conduct task based risk assessments in the workplace, report all events and hazards, and participate in investigations as required.
- Ensure accurate and prompt analysis of routine and special samples for Refinery Control and Process Engineering.
- Conduct quality control checks of analysis routinely.
- Contribute to the monitoring and resolution of quality and process issues in the laboratory and refinery.
- Attain competency in all aspects of Level 1 Laboratory Duties including percent solids analysis, moisture analysis and solids via density.
- Contribute to cost reduction and management through identifying opportunities and participating in initiatives.
- TAFE Certificate 3 Laboratory Skills, or equivalent.
- Basic Laboratory Safety, Basic sampling theory.
- Prior laboratory experience, preferably in a wet chemistry laboratory, ideally in an alumina refinery laboratory. Exposure to Titration, Ion Chromatograph, XRF, XRD, Density, ICP desirable but not essential.
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job will close on 1st June 2023.