Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Career progression
- Work life balance
- Work for a world class operation
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to Lead a team of internal mechanical discipline senior engineers and engineers and external engineering service providers to accomplish the Design Services Team mandate by:
- Delivery of the design as per stakeholders’ requirements for both Capital and Operational projects.
- Own and maintain Worsley’s mechanical based technical standards and specifications.
- Provide Guidance in Managing the statutory requirements for classified plant.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes – bus available from Bunbury location only) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
- Deliver a portfolio of engineering and design works for capital and operational projects as assigned by the Design Services Superintendent.
- Mentor, coach, and advisor to the mechanical engineering team to support them in the successful delivery of their allocated work
- Review progress reports generated by internal team or external consultants to provide constructive feedback.
- Review engineering hours estimates and provide feedback,
- Manage and monitor Engineering Service Providers to deliver work packages for assigned works. Provide feedback to ESP so they understand their performance, can make improvements and take corrective actions.
- Perform EDM audits for the work delivered by internal and external team.
- industry best practices.
- Manage team’s roster to make sure continues coverage.
- Manage team’s performance and provide constructive feedback, escalate issues to the Design Superintendent for further action.
- Perform routine check ins and One on Ones
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Class C Driver’s License
- Visible field safety leadership and an ability to drive safety and performance excellence
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering methodologies, tools and software’s.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Management of Engineering Change.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in a Mechanical Engineering Role in an operating asset or Consultancy.
- Significant experience in delivering complete life cycle of design works within a brownfield environment within the resources or other heavy industry
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring mechanical engineers to deliver engineering scopes.
- Sound understanding and proven experience in developing and managing engineering budgets and schedule.
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job advert will close on 1st June 2023.