Manager Logistics & Sales Planning
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
What we offer you
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary and incentive bonus
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education assistance and career development
- Additional superannuation contributions and participation in the Employee Share Plan
About the role
This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
As a member of the leadership team at Illawarra Metallurgical Coal (IMC) you will contribute to the development and implementation of key strategic and commercial outcomes. You will be directly responsible for the development and delivery of the 24-month sales forecast and drive the performance of our road and rail logistics operations.
- Ensure safe systems of work are executed across your “pit to port” span of control demonstrating our commitment to guaranteeing everyone goes home safe and well.
- Develop and deliver the 24-month sales forecast, including the enabling logistics operation and maintenance plans and shipping plan.
- Nurture good working relationships with key stakeholders, including the South32 Singapore Marketing team, Port Kembla Coal Terminal, South32 IMC mining and processing operations, and our contract partners.
- Champion continuous improvement and work collaboratively with Marketing to explore business value uplift opportunities.
- Function as the Single Point Accountability for our key commercial contracts in your area of responsibility.
- Monitor and manage sales planning and logistics operating costs and execute in line with schedule and budget your portfolio of planned capital works.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Significant experience working in a similar role leading a diverse team of technical and operational personnel
- Self-directed contributor with distinctive proficiency in scheduling of logistics activities
- Proficient in contracts administration and contractor management
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Business or Engineering (highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of work health and safety legislation and risk management frameworks.
This position will be based at our Regional Operations Centre (ROC) in Wollongong, NSW, approximately 1 hour 15 minutes’ drive from central Sydney with flexible work arrangements available.
About Illawarra Metallurgical Coal
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier, which operates two underground metallurgical coal longwall mines, two preparation plants and a road and rail logistics chain.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities in which we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications for this job will close on Thursday 1st June 2023.