Manager - Project Services
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead, zinc and copper from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
The Opportunity - Permanent, Full Time Position
As the Project Services Manager – Worsley is accountable for the delivery of Project Services across the Major Projects portfolio at Worsley. This position includes both technical and people leadership and acts for and on behalf of the Senior Manager Project Services.
The Worsley portfolio includes 18 individual projects and studies across all phases from Pre-Feasibility to Feasibility and Execution. The remit includes estimating, project controls, planning and scheduling and all aspects of project reporting. This position is the first line of assurance that South32 capital is being spent consistent with policy and approvals.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Project Services, key role responsibilities include:
- Support, maintain and deliver a safe and healthy workplace culture that ensures everybody goes home safe and well
- Management and review of the project coding structure on projects including structures in Prism, Primavera and 1SAP and review of the Project Controls Plan.
- Development of the Project Staffing Plan and the Basis of Estimate Document.
- Management of the Cost Control processes including, converting the estimate to the Baseline Budget in Prism via the establishment of Control Accounts that are integrated with the baseline project schedule
- Management of the Project Planning and scheduling process in Primavera
- Ensuring the quality of the project reports (Project Controls aspects) meets stakeholder expectations and that project reporting deadlines are met
- Establish productive working relationships with all project stakeholders
- Educate and coach stakeholders on Project Controls processes
- Foster a culture to support South32 core values of care; trust; togetherness and excellence
- Project Services experience in major project development and execution in mining or heavy industry
- Experience in the safe and successful development and delivery of large brownfield projects >$50M as a project team member
- Detailed understanding of project execution practices associated with major capital projects
- Significant Experience in Feasibility stage project controls dealing with engineering design deliverables
- Proficient to expert user in Microsoft office, Prism, and Primavera products or ability to learn
- Remote work experience in arduous conditions and climates, with patience to operate in an imperfect environment
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills, with a natural abundance of energy, warmth and genuine enthusiasm
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, with the capability and desire to deliver “hands on” support with your team as and when necessary
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross functional groups and thrive in a team environment
- Well developed, strategic planning, economic analysis, and evaluation skills with a flexible and dynamic approach
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering or commercial field
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, or similar field preferred
This role will include site-based travel to our Worsley Alumina Refinery (3days per week) and will also be based at our office in the heart of the Perth CBD (2 days per week)
We understand and value the benefits flexibility brings and operate a hybrid work model (in the office and from home).
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- 26 weeks full paid parental leave for primary carers
- Purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave
- Education assistance, up to $8000 per year
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive and flexible workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note: This advertisement will close on 31st May 2023