Senior Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company with the operation being accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- 4:3 Roster FIFO from Darwin/Cairns or Residential on Groote Eylandt
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Ongoing training, education assistance and career development
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval, and scenic walking tracks.
- For residential employees, access to pristine camping and fishing opportunities, well-resourced school and day care facilities and remote living allowances
- Additional super contributions and participation in the Employee Share Plan
About the role
This permanent full-time role is a 4:3 roster (Mon-Thu), FIFO from Darwin or Cairns. If you are seeking a lifestyle change, there is potential for this role to be residential further down the line.
In this role you will report to the Superintendent Maintenance Planning & Assurance and be responsible for guiding the Maintenance Reliability team in strategy improvement, data analysis, defect elimination, and condition monitoring activities to improve the availability and performance of GEMCO assets. You will lead a team spanning Fixed Plant and Mobile Maintenance.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Take accountability for the performance of the team, promoting a culture of inclusion and feedback
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with the direct reports to identify areas for improvement and recognise areas of excellence
- Complete field verification of high-risk tasks
- Develop the portfolio of maintenance improvement initiatives
- Develop medium and long-range availability forecasts based on existing strategies, improvements, and breakdown trends
Your leadership experience in maintenance/asset management, and drive to succeed and develop others will be fundamental in this role.
Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Solid experience working in a similar role within mining or heavy fixed plant environments.
- Tertiary qualification in Asset Management, Maintenance Management, Engineering, or Project Management will be highly valued
- Ability to develop, coach and mentor team members to improve engagement, diversity, and capability
- Demonstrated leadership experience with small to medium teams
- Strong understanding of reliability philosophies
- Solid experience working in a similar role within the mining industry
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South32.
Please note this job advert will close on Friday 2nd June 2023.