Electrical Communications Specialist
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
About the role
We have several permanent full-time opportunities available across varying shift patterns, you will be focussed on the Communications network supporting Appin Mine.
- Execute work activities according to the daily plan
- Planning and organising Communications execution activities
- Adhere to standard procedures and apply safe work practices
- Follow defect management processes to ensure equipment is maintained
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and hazards
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate:
- Qualifications in electrical, communications or relevant field
- Willingness to work any roster pattern and availability to cover Public Holidays as per the Enterprise Agreement
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results
- Behaviours in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence
This position will be based at the Appin mine which is in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
About Illawarra Metallurgical Coal
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South32.
Applications for this job will close on Friday 2nd June 2023.