Technician Maintenance Auto Electrical
Job Type: Full time
- Career opportunity
- Worklife balance
- Be home everynight
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to safely execute maintenance work on equipment as per SAP processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions as directed by the Supervisor Maintenance. This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role is based at the Boddington Bauxite Mine located a short drive from the community of Boddington (10 minutes), Pinjarra (50 minutes) and the City of Mandurah (1 hour).
Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, you will live and work in one of the most beautiful regions of Western Australia and still be home each night.
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to safe work practices and procedures
- Ensure compliance to the SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the SAP system
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions as directed by the supervisor maintenance or superintendent maintenance
- Ensure work is done to the highest standard and history is recorded in SAP notifications for future reference
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the SAP process
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in workplace investigations or observations as required
- Review and request updates to work management and other master data as required
- Actively support and apply the company’s continuous improvement principles to minimize cost, maximize production
- Successful completion of an Automotive Electrical Apprenticeship and holds a nationally recognized trade certification
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- HR Class Driver’s License
- High Risk Work License for forklift
- High risk Elevated work platform
- High Risk Dogman License
- Overhead Crane
- High Risk Basic rigging
- Accredited Working @ Height training
- At least 12 months exposure on performing preventative maintenance and/or major component change outs on caterpillar, Komatsu or Hitachi SME
- Experience using CAT, SIS and ET systems
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This advert closes on the 2nd June 2023.