Financial Analyst Marketing
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead, zinc and copper from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
The Opportunity – Permanent, Full Time Position
The newly created position of Financial Analyst Marketing will be responsible for conducting and supporting the period end close process including preparation of statutory accounts in a timely manner and in accordance with Group and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The role will also provide accounting advice for Marketing and maintain integrity of the general ledger and provide input into the Group’s budgeting and forecasting cycle, whil ensuring high quality analysis and accurate reporting of the Group’s financial results.
Reporting to the Manager Marketing Finance, other key role accountabilities will include:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Coordinate and perform the period end close process
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of Revenue accounting
- Undertake inventory cost accounting
- Provide support and expertise in critical/material financial accounting areas
- Prepare reconciliations of relevant general ledger accounts to ensure transactions are recorded accurately
- Undertake cash forecasting and analysis
- Ongoing review of general ledgers to ensure transactions are recorded accurately
- Interact and provide data to internal and external auditors as necessary
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives
- Other tasks as directed by management
- Ensure compliance with the relevant International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and South32 control framework
- Consolidation and preparation of briefing papers and other internal/external management reporting requirements for half year and year end reporting requirements (Quarterly Production Report, Results Announcement, Operations Finance Review, etc.)
You will be required to have the following:
- Understanding of financial accounting and management accounting concepts & processes
- Proficient in use of SAP, BI and Cognos (preferable)
- Detailed understanding of finance processes and deliverables in a global corporate / commercial environment
- Experience in accounting/risk/finance/audit or related field is desirable
- Experience in coaching and influencing teams
- Fluent English, both verbal and written
- Process / continuous improvement and initiative/project management
- Sound time management – able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Interacts positively with others and engages in a broad range of positive interpersonal interactions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualification
This role will be based at our office in the heart of the Perth CBD. We understand and value the benefits flexibility brings and operate a hybrid work model (in the office and from home)
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- 26 weeks full paid parental leave for primary carers
- Purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave
- Education assistance, up to $8000 per year
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive and flexible workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note: This advertisement will close on 5th June 2023