Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead, zinc and copper from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
The Opportunity - Permanent, Full Time Position
As the Analyst Accounting you will assist with conducting and supporting the period end close process including maintaining integrity of the general ledger for South32 Australian Operations, you will also operate as a business partner to support the Project director team for a non-operating site.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Accounting Australian Operations, key role responsibilities include:
- Undertake monthly accounting processes and general ledger management for Australian Operations
- Review and perform on-going general ledger governance activities to ensure transactions are recorded accurately
- Management of Joint venture bank balances, including cash call requests, monitoring and forecasting
- Manage relationship with our Joint Venture Partners by providing monthly performance reports and ongoing accounting support
- Support non-operating site team in effective operating discipline of costs
- Management and co-ordination of the annual budget and forecast for non-operating site team
- Undertake accounting analysis to ensure both meet stand alone and Group external financial reporting requirements
- Annual reporting to assist in delivery of S32 Financial information to the Market including the preparation of Statutory accounts in a timely manner and in accordance with Group and International Accounting standards
- Co-ordinate and prepare components of the South32 accounting governance framework, including internal control evaluation and detailed balance sheet reviews
- Provide support and expertise in critical/material financial accounting areas to other S32 functions
- Lead communication and co-ordination with External Auditors for Australian operations
- Maintain accounting excellence and identify and implement process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with the relevant International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and South32 control framework
- Experience in financial accounting, risk, finance, or related field is desirable, with sound understanding of finance processes and deliverables in a corporate / commercial environment
- Prior experience working in a global organisation within resources is an advantage
- Proficient in the use of SAP, BI and Cognos (preferable)
- Sound time management, with the ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Focused to deliver on goals and performance targets
- Problem solving, using logic and methods to solve problems and achieve effective solutions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills, with a natural abundance of energy, warmth, and genuine enthusiasm
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- CA/CPA equivalent accounting qualification
This role will be based at our office in the heart of the Perth CBD. We understand and value the benefits flexibility brings and operate a hybrid work model (in the office and from home).
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- 26 weeks full paid parental leave for primary carers
- Purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave
- Education assistance, up to $8000 per year
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive and flexible workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note: This advertisement will close on 31st May 2023