Senior Short-Term Planning Engineer
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company, the operation is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- Family friendly roster FIFO from Darwin/Cairns
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Ongoing training, education assistance and career development
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval, and scenic walking tracks.
- Additional superannuation contributions and participation in the Employee Share Plan
About the role
This is a permanent full-time role being offered on an 8:6 roster, FIFO Darwin or Cairns or can be offered as residential for the right candidate.
A critical role for GEMCO, you will report to the Superintendent Production Planning and will lead, coach, and develop a team of six technical professional.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to South32’s values,
- Act as a safety leader role model for team,
- Lead and develop the operation’s short-term mine plan (including scheduling and design),
- Coordinate with execution and improvement teams to identify and actively participate in operational improvement initiatives,
- Work closely with the mid-term planning teams to integrate and deliver an actionable mine plan, and
- Actively engage and liaise with key stakeholders to achieve plan compliance.
You will bring proven capability to operate in a complex environment, and have demonstrated experience leading, influencing and developing diverse teams.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering (or equivalent with relevant prior experience),
- Extensive experience working in a technical or operation role in an open cast mining environment,
- Previous experience in a similar role and with a passion to develop and lead a small team,
- Expert with mine design and scheduling software packages (Vulcan, XACT, and Spry preferred), and
- Ability to build networks and relationships with key stakeholders across site.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note this job advert will close on Wednesday 7th June 2023.