Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Future career progression offered
- Work in a leadership role
- Refinery based in the beautiful south-west of WA near pristine beaches and wine region
The Opportunity – Senior Geotechnical Engineer – 9-day fortnight working arrangement – Worsley Alumina - Based in Collie
As a key member of South32 Worsley Alumina operations team and reporting to the Governance & Standards Superintendent, this role is accountable for the integrity of the Bauxite Residue Disposal Areas (BRDAs) and water storage dams along with
Responsible Tailings Facility Engineer (RTFE) during their construction, operation and closure.
The Senior Engineer Geotechnical should understand the BRDAs for which they are responsible, the risks, and the manner in which those risks are being managed, including any failures, deficiencies, or opportunities for improvement.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Establish the scopes for studies, guide consultants and interpret Geotechnical data to make informed decisions
- Responsible for the facilities monitoring interpretation
- Support and provide leadership to a small team of Geotechnical and Civil Engineers
- Be familiar with the content and requirements of the Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management (GISTM), ANCOLD and other regulatory standards on tailings and water dams
- As a technical expert, understand the design, construction, operation, and performance of tailings storage facilities and water dams.
- Degree qualified in Geotechnical or Geology Engineering
- Several years post graduate experience as a geotechnical engineer/geologist/civil engineer while managing tailings and water dams
- Ability to communicate with and influence operational and engineering personnel
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Australian standards and acknowledged in depth expertise in core discipline area
- Proven ability of working in a large team of technical professions and relating technical solutions to financial decisions
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 7th June 2023.