Maintenance Technician - Fitter
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company, the operation is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly roster FIFO from Darwin/Cairns
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Ongoing training, education assistance and career development
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking tracks.
- Additional superannuation contributions and participation in the Employee Share Plan
About the role
This is a permanent full-time role being offered on a 7:7 roster, FIFO from Darwin or Cairns.
Reporting to the Supervisor Fixed Plant Maintenance, you will safely repair and maintain fixed plant equipment as per work management processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out all repairs and preventative maintenance on fixed plant mining equipment
- Maintain plant availability through inspections, fault finding, diagnosis and remediation actions
- Report on defects and update maintenance and production logs
- Complete planned and routine maintenance per schedule
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affective equipment reliability
- Maintain plant safety and security, and control safe work access
- Perform breakdown activities in a safe and proficient manner
- Assist with continuous improvement projects to improve quality and efficiency across fixed plant
- Actively contribute to business improvement initiatives and feedback processes
- Assist with training and development of apprentices
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Possess Cert III Engineering – Mechanical trade or equivalent
- Solid experience working in a fixed plant environment
- A team player with good communication skills
- High Risk Work Licence – WP, LF, DG & MR preferred but not essential
- Confined Space and Working at Heights tickets
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South32.
Please note this job advert will close on Thursday 8th June 2023.