Job Type: Full time
- Come and work for a world class operation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career Opportunity
The Opportunity – Permanent full-time position
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
As a Process Engineer, you will provide technical support, direction setting and governance for the refinery process to achieve budgeted physicals safely and sustainably. You will provide expert advice to operations and participate in formulating plans to improve on HSEC, production and cost outcomes.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South 32.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement projects to achieve refinery benchmark performance across safety, production, and cost as well as maximise capacity and efficiencies.
- Support operational teams to understand process safety and material risks, controls and in identifying and implementation of improvements as required.
- Develop, implement and improve operating strategies and guidelines.
- Deliver monitoring and analysis of medium to long-term process performance, including governance to operating strategies and standards, and initiate improvements as required.
- Perform production loss investigations.
- Develop and review process design documents.
- Develop business cases and prioritise process capital projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Process or Metallurgical Engineering (or similar)
- Broad exposure to refinery unit operations, including pumping, comminution, filtration, evaporation, solids-separation, precipitation, calcination, their performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review process design documents and process improvements.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds and work collaboratively to deliver great outcomes
- Ideally, 5 years’ experience in mineral processing with recognised expertise in alumina refining or complex refining operations
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 8th June 2023.