Boilermaker -Fixed Plant Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company, the operation is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly roster FIFO from Darwin/Cairns
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Ongoing training, education assistance and career development
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking tracks.
- Additional superannuation contributions and participation in the Employee Share Plan
About the role
This is a permanent full-time role being offered on a 7:7 roster, FIFO from Darwin or Cairns.
Reporting to the Supervisor Fixed Plant Maintenance, you will ensure that all routine and non-routing maintenance activities for the Fixed Plant Maintenance department are appropriately undertaken so that work is completed on schedule in a safe and efficient manner.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out all repairs and preventative maintenance on all fixed plant mining equipment
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders
- Ensure compliance to the work management process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the SAP system
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affection equipment reliability
- Willingness to step up into supervisory & leadership roles
- Monitor recurring faults and provide feedback and recommendations to rectify the fault
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Ensure returns of unused or reparable materials are processed accurately
- Review and request updates to work management and other master data required
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Trade qualification (Boilermaker)
- Solid experience working in a fixed plant environment
- Ability to draw and interpret simple engineering drawings
- A team player with good communication skills
- High Risk Work Licence – WP, LF, DG & MR preferred but not essential
- Confined Space and Working at Heights tickets
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South32.
Please note this job advert will close on Friday 9th June 2023.