Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal produces premium-quality, hard coking coal for steelmaking, which is transported within Australia and around the world. We operate two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain. This position will be based at the Appin mine which is, near the coastal city of Wollongong, NSW and approximately 75 kilometres southwest of Sydney.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a Permanent full-time position for an experienced Electrical Tradesperson.
This role will support our team across the surface and underground, across our Appin locations and shifts.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Execute work activities according to the daily plan
- Work with physical assets, plant and equipment as defined by the Operation’s standards and operating procedures
- Adhere to defined standard procedures and apply safe work practices
- Assist to develop and enhance work practices and procedures
- Follow defect management processes to ensure equipment is maintained in a safe and fit for purpose state
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and hazards
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Experience working in a similar role within heavy industry
- A good work ethic and strong commitment to safety
- A drive to exceed expectations and constantly push for results and improvements
Qualifications for this position are:
- Electrical Trade or Supervisors Certificate
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Generic Underground Coal Induction (desirable)
- EEHA, High Voltage Switching, and Confined Space qualifications (desirable)
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job advert will close on Tuesday 26th September.