Job Type: Full time
- Planning role that offers multiple stakeholder engagement responsibilites at senior level
- Flexible working arrangements
- Involved in multiple projects on a world-class Aluminium refinery in the South-West
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from jarrah forests, stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Flexible working arrangements and industry leading parental leave and family care policy
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Worsley Program Director as a Program Planner, the purpose of this role is to enable the delivery of the Medium-Term Plan (MTP) which includes the management of life of operation development path and the mitigation of key strategic risks. This role leads the development of program plans for the breadth of MTP enabling activities.
key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Leadership of the Program planning. Provision of a resourced and logic linked master schedule at both the Project and Program level.
- Process Management and implementation of procedures to deploy the approach across the whole program of work. Provide guidance to practitioners on Worsley’s schedule standards and requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing development and improvements to processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective program management and project control practices are in place.
- Application of Theory of Constraints and Critical Chain Program Management to drive the execution of the Worsley Medium Term Plan.
- Control, monitor and regularly update program progress highlighting areas of concern or deviation from baseline.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes – bus available from Bunbury location only) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
- A Degree or tertiary qualification
- Experience in Project Management, Planning and or Project Controls in major project/program development and execution in mining or heavy industry
- Effective planning and management of a “critical path” of activity
- Experience setting up and managing plans in program management tools
- Proactive identification of risks and issues, and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to produce high quality program and workstream level reporting with minimal to no supervision
- Possess the ability to thrive in a team environment and build stakeholder relationships
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
The job advert with close on 26th September 2023