Job Type: Full time
- Career opportunity
- Great working culture
- World class operation
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from jarrah forests, stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Flexible working arrangements and industry leading parental leave and family care policy
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Specialist MMC, as Production Specialist, the purpose of this role is to provide specialised data analysis & visualisation and mine monitoring & control leadership to the Operations Centre/s and execute continuous monitoring, analysis and benchmarking of mining fleet performance, data accuracy and systems health. Identify and implement improvement initiatives that enable operational safety excellence and support business priorities.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role is based at the Boddington Bauxite Mine located a short drive from the community of Boddington (10 minutes), Pinjarra (50 minutes) and the City of Mandurah (1 hour).
key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Provide high-level technical services to BBM’s Operation Centre/s and fleet management facilities in the areas of mine monitoring and control; including computer networks to assist in guarantying safety, optimising operation, reducing cost and improving productivity.
- Proactively develops and fosters collaborative relationships with Maintenance sub-functions to ensure timely maintenance of all MMC systems components, maximising equipment availability and reliability.
- Monitors data integrity and coordinates with Operation Centre personnel to ensure all validation errors are corrected in a timely manner.
- Monitor and review compliance and safety against established procedures and standards and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualified in Computing/Information Systems, Data Analytics, Electronics, Communications, Electrical or Mining Engineering or other relevant tertiary/trade qualification.
- Exceptional safety leadership with an ability to identify and eliminate hazards in the workplace.
- Exposure to programming languages such as Python, R, VBA and SQL is not required but looked at favourably.
Qualifications for this position are:
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role within heavy industry.
- Operational experience in data analytics highly regarded.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
The job advert with close on 27th September 2023.