Maintenance Coordinator - Electrical
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal produces premium-quality, hard coking coal for steelmaking, which is transported within Australia and around the world. We operate two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- 5 weeks annual leave and flexible work options
- Participation in South32’s Electrical Engineering Managers (EEM) training program and education assistance up to $8000 per year
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans.
- Vehicle Novated Leasing options
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent full-time position based at the Dendrobium mine, which is near the coastal city of Wollongong, NSW and approximately 75 kilometres southwest of Sydney.
As the Maintenance Coordinator-Electrical, you will provide leadership and direction for the execution of planned Mine Services Equipment electrical maintenance activities to achieve established KPI targets for safety/care, cost and volume and to statutory compliance.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Actively contributes to forecasting and scheduling of Mine Services System electrical maintenance activities and projects
- Management of the Mine Services Equipment strategy
- Analyse Mine Services electrical equipment performance with a view to predicting and preventing unscheduled downtime
- Ensure execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively
- Provide technical electrical support for Outbye Trades operations and associated activities
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Background in mining with a preference in underground coal mining
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor employees to deliver performance
- Some exposure working with Maintenance Management systems within Heavy Industry
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the business
- Previous High Voltage Switching experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems (desirable)
Qualifications for this position are:
- Electrical trade and associate diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job advert will close on Wednesday 4th October 2023.