Customer Support Consultant Funeral Services
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust
Job Type: Contract/temp
We create extraordinary experiences, we create memories, we take care of our shared heritage. This means careers where we have to innovate and always push for better. This is a world where we bring together our love for the natural environment and our care for one another. This is where you'll discover something new, every day.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this 12 month, full time opportunity, we are seeking an empathetic, customer focused individual to work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth coordination of all burial, cremation and funeral services. As part of our Funeral Services Team, you'll be at the forefront of creating a positive and empathetic experience for our community. With ongoing training and development, you'll discover a rewarding culture built on shared values, a drive to do your best, and care for one another.
- Act as a brand ambassador by modelling the SMCT values
- Ensure completion and verification of all documentation is in accordance with guidelines
- Check and test all AV and IT equipment in readiness for service
- Coordinating Chapel requirements with Funeral Directors while ensuring that service schedules are being adhered to.
- Lead in escorting our clients to the appropriate locations
- Provide effective and timely administrative support services through liaising with other operations staff and external stakeholder.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced customer service or functions environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to display compassion and empathy
- Attention to detail with sound administration and data entry skills
- Resilience to resolve customer enquiries and complaints in a calm, professional and timely manner
- Team player that is pro-active with working to timelines
- Ability to commit to a rotating roster (occasional weekends)
WORKING WITH US:
We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and make it our priority to attract and retain top talent by offering excellent working conditions, competitive benefits, and development opportunities. In 2020, we received an outstanding score of 90%, with organisational commitment and pride being the leading them of employee sentiment.
As a valued member of our organisation, you will have access to the following:
- 16 RDOs per year for full time employees
- Flexible, supportive, and people-focused culture
- State-of-the-art work environment set among magnificent, natural surrounds
- Discounts at our employee café and on-site florists
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Leadership and Development Programs
Our values represent who we are and what we expect of one another.
SMCT is an equal opportunity employer, a Diversity Council Australia Member and are proudly endorsed by WORK180, in our ongoing commitment to raising workplace standards for all.
We care for our colleagues and the community we serve. To protect one another it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete background checks, including proof of covid vaccinations.